Monday, October 6, 2014

Crash Course Psychology videos - with reflection questions!


Does anyone use the Crash Course Psychology videos? I'm pretty impressed with them:

One limitation is that they move pretty fast, which gave me the idea that the videos may benefit from reflection/ "check for understanding" questions during the video. I learned about an online resource called "EdPuzzle" which allows you to add questions to a video (and you can get student responses to questions, etc.) I'm slowly working my way through the videos, adding questions. 

Video 1: Intro (history and perspectives) https://edpuzzle.com/media/54218d04db8386321980926e
Video 3: Neural structure and function https://edpuzzle.com/media/542ec6f85953dabf044308c7
Video 4: Brain structure and function https://edpuzzle.com/media/543029b1478febe80a677bb9

I hope these are useful to someone - I think I'll keep working my way through them, and I'll add the links here as I get them done (bookmark this post if you'd like to keep track of it?) Please respond in the comments section if you use these Edpuzzle videos or have other ideas about how to use the Crash Course videos.
posted by Rob McEntarffer

10 comments:

B.Sterling said...

Thanks so much! I will make use of these for sure.

mariavita said...

LOVE THIS! Interpolated testing! According to Daniel Schacter, of Harvard - questions/quizzes throughout a lesson reduces mind wandering! THIS IS A GREAT EXAMPLE FOR THAT! THANKS. Just joined the "ED Puzzle" site, so students' efforts can be "tracked"

Jill said...

Thank you for doing this!!

Unknown said...

I recently discovered Edpuzzle as well. I would like to thank you so so much. It is a great resource just do not have the time to put questions in. again THANK YOU!!!!

Unknown said...

These videos are great! Is there a way to link to the videos where you embedded questions? I tried and I just get directed to the site but not your videos.

Unknown said...

These are amazing!!! Thank you for putting in all that work, they will help tremendously!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Is there somewhere I can find a list of the answers? Thanks!

Charles Schallhorn said...

Not that I am aware of. As with any video for class viewing is recommended.

kdevor said...

Aw, I just made one about episode one, and then found this! Regardless, this will be incredibly helpful! Thank you SO much for sharing!