Friday, September 23, 2016

Get Connected!

The number of TOPSS groups around the country is expanding! Many new groups are popping up or in the planning stages (Kansas City, Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, oh my!) These groups are filled with dedicated and involved educators who can help you as a new psychology teacher if you need it and can connect you to great organizations like TOPSS (Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools) and the NCSS Psychology Community. I first attended a TOPSS meeting in my area with a colleague, and I can confidently say that the meeting got me connected, got me involved, and changed my life. 

Some great upcoming opportunities: 

Jill Compher is looking to organize TTOP (Texas Teacher of Psychology) and has this message: 
Texas Teachers: Want to collaborate? I'm planning a Texas Regional Teaching Network for High School (TTOP) thanks in part to an APA grant and a pep talk from Mike Hamilton. The even will be held on a Saturday in the DFW area. Thanks for taking a few minutes to take my survey. (Found at this link.) Email questions to jill.compher@gcisd.net 

Another great opportunity to be connect if you are in the Northeast Wisconsin/Milwaukee/Chicago area is by attending the Excellence in Psychology Instruction Conference (EPIC) being held October 8th at UW-Green Bay. Details can be found here and for $30 you get: 

LUNCH

BREAKOUT SESSIONS

SPARK SESSIONS

A KEYNOTE BY Dr. SCOTT LILIENFIELD

LESSON IDEAS

TEXTBOOKS & SWAG 



Image result for scott lilienfeld
The author, the myth, the legend....

---Posted by Amy Ramponi 





No comments: