Thursday, April 6, 2017

Does anyone use Brain Rules?

I'm very late to this party, but has anyone read "Brian Rules" by Medina? I got to hear him at a conference and so far, I'm impressed.

In my opinion (backed up by some evidence), SO much of what we read under the category of "this is how brain research applies to education" is overgeneralized, inaccurate advice. I worry nervous every time I read an article or see a book about "brain based learning." Medina worries about this too - in fact, during the presentation, he "named names" of authors with popular books who mis-apply brain research in his opinion.

If anyone uses this book in psych, or just wants to chat about it, please holler at me (either via email or in the comments).



posted by Rob McEntarffer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Brain Rules and have used it for the past 2-3 years. It's clear and concise, so it's also student accessible. Medina uses many relatable examples to make his points. Highly recommend!

Brian LeCloux said...

I've read a book, shown a vid clip or two in class.