Monday, March 15, 2010

The Frontal Cortex by Jonah Lehrer

When I read, I usually tend to lean toward non-fiction.  I will be reviewing some books in the future, but for this one time, I'd really like to promote Jonah Lehrer's blog, The Frontal Cortex.  I enjoy the easy nature of the writing--not too simplified--for the educated reader--seemingly designed to challenge, or at least not to condescend.  Lehrer reads and writes for a living, which makes him a much better author than I'd ever dream of being. 

He is also a frequent contributor to my favorite podcast, Radiolab.  In the recent past, he has examined and opined on marijuana and creativity, the spread of goodness, and a controversial piece on the "benefits" of depression.  His columns are always thought-provoking and enjoyable to read.  I highly recommend the blog if you can make the time.  I find that it helps me make stronger real-world connections with the subjects I teach.

Lehrer is also the author of the two books below, which I will also be reviewing.



No comments: