I was browsing DonorsChoose today and found several psychology-related projects to share. If you can, please consider helping these teachers help their students by contributing. If you are a teacher, DonorsChoose is a great way to get additional resources for your classroom. Go here if you are a teacher to find out how to begin the process. (Full disclosure: I did one last year to get copies of The United States Constitution: A Graphic Adaptation for my civics classes.)
Here are the projects I found:
- California teacher needs 36 copies of Morton Hunt's The Story of Psychology
- California teacher needs 8 copies of the "IB Psychology Course Companion"
- Georgia teacher needs 40 copies of the AP Psychology exam preparation book "5 Steps to a 5"
- Illinois teacher needs 7 review books and flash card sets to help prepare them for the AP Psychology Exam
- California teacher needs 35 copies of the Barron's AP Psychology review book and 7 additional AP Psychology resources and 35 sets of Barron's AP Psychology flash cards
- Ohio teacher needs 7 boxes of index cards, one recordable MP3 player, and 2 AV carts to move supplies room to room to perform clinical interviews
- Missouri teacher needs 25 copies of "Ordinary People" by Judith Guest, with 8 videos, including "The Outsiders" and "Tootsie"
- Iowa teacher needs 30 flash drives to make completing [students'] first scientific research paper a less stressful experience
--posted by Steve