Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Freudian Sip and University Tours


During the month of February we have a week off and for the past four years, I have co-led a group of sophomores and juniors to colleges and universities in Southern California.  It has been an amazing set of trips that the students really enjoy and benefit from.  So far, I have visited California Polytechnic Univ-San Luis Obispo, UC Santa Barbara, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, UCLA, USC, Cal State Northridge, Cal State San Marcos, UC San Diego, CSU Long Beach, San Diego State, University of San Diego, Occidental College, CSU Fullerton, UC Irvine, and CSU Los Angeles.  I list these because I have at least one t-shirt or sweatshirt from each of these schools.  I know, believe me, I know.

We take between 40 and 50 kids on a coach for four days--two schools each day and attempt to secure admissions presentations along with tours of the schools.  Students are exposed to colleges in session and get a sense of the vibe or personality of each school.  It's been a fun four years.

This year, on my first visit to CSU Northridge, I found one of their coffee shops, "The Freudian Sip."  I had to stop and take pictures. Here they are.  Pretty cool if you ask me.











posted by Chuck Schallhorn

No comments: