- This summer, for the first time, AP teachers were able to find their student's AP exam scores online. For the most part, the process worked extremely well and was, in my opinion (Kent), a hundred times better than waiting for the paper reports. Make sure to look over the Instructional Planning Report in addition to the scores. Go to https://scores.collegeboard.com for more information.
- After maintaining the same fee structure for some time, the cost for an AP exam (2011) was increased to $87. For detailed information on the fee structure http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/exam/calendar/190165.html
- For those of us in AP Psychology, many feel the biggest change this year has been the moving of the AP Psyc exam date from the second Tuesday to the first Monday of AP testing. Last year the AP Psychology exam was on May 11th. The 2011 exam is scheduled for May 2nd. Please be aware, if your school's spring break is based on Easter, May 2nd might be the Monday students come back from break. For a complete schedule of AP exams go to http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/exam/calendar/index.html
- To download the new AP Psychology Course Description Book for Fall 2010 (Acorn Book) go to http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/ap-psychology-course-description.pdf I have not had the opportunity to look for changes in this edition of the book. Please feel free to leave any changes you have found in the comments section of this posting.
- No doubt the largest change for AP teachers and students as a whole, is the removal of the quarter point deduction for an incorrect answer. Starting in 2011, a student's score will be based only on how many questions they get correct. For more information on this change and revised worksheets for scoring the 2004 and 2007 released AP Psychology exams, go to http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/courses/212187.html
- AP Central now includes a link to PDF copies of the 1994 and 1999 AP Psychology Released Exams at http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/courses/213057.html
- Below is a listing of the currently scheduled College Board one-day workshops throughout the country for the 2010-2011 school year. Click on the workshop title for more information on that specific workshop. Click on the location for a link to Yahoo maps.
There is an Institutes and Workshop page at AP Central http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/Pageflows/InstitutesAndWorkshops/InstitutesAndWorkshopsController.jpf where you can search for a workshop by topic, date, and location.