Thursday, December 16, 2010

Google Body Browser


Google recently released the Google Body Browser - kind of like "Google Earth" for our inner spaces. When I went to the site to try it out, I was informed that I needed a newer/better browser (I usually use Firefox), but the site worked well after I downloaded Google Chrome.

I haven't played with it much, but I like what I see so far. It seems like a well thought out and thorough body atlas (what else would we expect from Google, eh?). I liked "swooping" to different brain structures and the labels feature is nice. It seems to work well with discrete, named brain structures (e.g. hippocampus, amygdala), but less well with general areas of the brain (e.g. frontal lobes).

I'm sure the Whole Brain Atlas is more complete, but I think I'd like using the Google Body Browser with students. Opinions?



posted by Rob McEntarffer

1 comment:

farouk said...

wow
that's such a brilliant idea!!