This is the link to the direct article (digital version).
Text version of the article
California Teachers Association
Among the key ideas are:
- this is a brain disorder--it's not that the students are trying to be annoying
- larger class sizes make for more challenging circumstances for teachers
- ADD/ADHD is the most common behavior disorder among children
- self-regulation is a key deficit
- these kids need "wiggle time"
- article also covers teaching strategies, medication, and what life is like for someone who has the diagnosis
To learn more about ADD/ADHD, please visit the Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder website at www.chadd.org or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd.
posted by Chuck Schallhorn