- The annual Clark/APA Workshop for high school psychology teachers (#10 in 2014!)
- The TOPSS lesson plans that are created AND updated by college and high school faculty
- Money for high school teachers to be able to travel to professional psychology conferences
- Money for high school teachers to create local networks of psychology teachers
- Videos for high school psychology teachers, taken at the Clark workshop and APA conferences
TOPSS does! Well yes, you'd be right. But did you know that most of those are because of the great generosity of Dr. Lee Gurel? I know long-time fans of our blog know of Dr. Gurel, since we have documented his kindness before.
This month's APA Monitor has a feature on Dr. Gurel and all of the things that have been accomplished with his donations. But what you probably don't know - and what the article features - is that Dr. Gurel has decided to include in his will a bequest of $250,000 to APF/APA to help high school psychology! This is an amazingly kind gift that will help APA and TOPSS continue to provide outstanding resources and support for high school psychology.
I know that Dr. Gurel is a frequent reader of this blog, so I would love for all psychology teachers out there to leave a comment to say THANK YOU DR. GUREL!
--posted by Steve