Thursday, October 30, 2014

Psychology in the Supermarket

I have this app called Flipboard that I use on my iPad.  It's great for reading articles across genres and topics online.  The flipboard link above has links to downloading the app to your portable device.

Today I found this gem.

"How to Buy Food: The Psychology of the Supermarket" on a website I had never heard of,  I love food, but am not a foodie.

The article examines several factors that are manipulating the consumer including layout/design, the no longer accurate "perimeter rule," identity politics, hunger and more.  This is potentially a great article to use for introducing kids to social psychology, persuasion techniques, Human Factors and Applied Cognition, offering your samples, and more.

posted by Chuck Schallhorn


Pink Queen said...

When's part 2 coming? This is excellent to teach with sensation & perception!

Chuck Schallhorn said...

I wish I knew. They seemed to have left it open. Perhaps the end of November?