Greetings, Psych Teachers!
I am pleased to announce a new conference and training opportunity that may be of particular interest to folks in the Midwest, especially Wisconsin and Minnesota. With generous support and assistance from the University of Wisconsin-Stout, we’ve been putting together a FREE Chippewa Valley TOPSS Symposium for high school psychology teachers that will be held at the UW-Stout Campus in Menomonie, Wisconsin.
The symposium has a neuroscience theme, in part because of UW-Stout’s tremendous access to biopsych resources and expertise. Highlights include hands-on use of EEG equipment in an EEG lab, demonstration of a brain specimen from the cadaver lab, keynote speaker Dr. Michael C. Mensink’s talk on “Educational Neuromyths: Separating Fact from Fiction in Teaching & Learning,” and a neuroscience lesson-share led by the fabulous Amy Ramponi. Click here to view the full schedule and speaker biographical information.
Although there is no cost, REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED and enrollment is limited to 32 participants (due to the size of the EEG labs/space issues). Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, so don’t delay! Click here to complete the online registration form and reserve your spot today.
Reasons you should attend:
- Did you see that this is FREE? Even your breakfast and lunch are included. Wowsa.
- Location: Menomonie, WI is just an hour’s drive from the Twin Cities, 2 hours from Wausau, WI, 2.5 hours from Superior/Duluth. Outside of the Midwest? Now’s your chance to experience Wisconsin in late February. Who would want to miss that?!
- You’ve always wanted to take a selfie while EEG electrodes are pasted to your head.
- It’s a , so you don’t even have to put in for a substitute or miss class.
- Meet other psychology teachers from the area! Really, we’re very nice people.
- GET FREE STUFF! There will be door prizes! Because of the impressive legwork of Amy Ramponi, who has contacted many textbook publishers and other parties to solicit donations, you are unlikely to leave without free goodies.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions: email@example.com
Hope to see you there!