Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Great source for social psych

I was looking for an example or two to illustrate a social psych concept when I stumbled upon this treasure trove. Wow! This site, Examples Illustrating Social Psychological Concepts, is edited by Jon Mueller, Professor of Psychology at North Central College, Naperville, IL. There are seemingly endless links to examples of social psych concepts in many different formats. Need a bystander effect video clip? Another fundamental attribution error example? Cartoons? Audio clips? They're all here.

As I browsed around I realized this is a smaller part of an even bigger site, Resources for Teaching Social Psychology. Here is even more for your social psych teaching needs: activities, web projects, lectures, and much much more. I'm off to change my lesson plans for today! Be sure to post in the comments below how your liked this site and what lessons/example/activities worked for you.

UPDATE: I got an e-mail from Professor Mueller today and he would like me to share this as well:

"I just wanted to mention that I also send out a free, monthly email newsletter with the site in which I include new and newly discovered resources and ideas for teaching social psych and related topics. Your readers can subscribe at
You can also read previous issues there in the Archive.
Also, I have collected lots of links for my intro psych course here that you are welcome to browse and use

No comments: