- "Mr. Anecdote-Means-a-Trend" Malcolm Gladwell spins another amusing tale, this time about the strategies that underdogs use to win. Deadspin takes him to task on his lack of knowledge of basketball: "sooner or later you run into a Goliath who can dribble through a trap."
- New research may help unlock vegetative and minimally conscious patients.
- Why do poor kids have more trouble in school? Is it due to environment or biology? The answer, according to a new study, may be both.
- The perils of analyzing test scores by race. Plus, a follow-up.
- Relax. NBA players choke under pressure too.
- Does President Obama have the motivation to succeed?
- Bilingual infants have better mental control
- Is fatigue really just all in our heads?
- Yes, looks do matter. (Susan Boyle)
- Ear plugs to lasers: the science of concentration ("multitasking is a myth")
Teaching Context in AP World
1 week ago