Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hello All!


I'm not sure how many of you have taken the time to check out the online resource Psych Exchange, but I recommend taking a look. After registering, there are SO many resources that you can upload for use in your course. You can also sign up to receive emails of new posts. Recently, I received a link to a video clip for Dissociative Identity Disorder ( INSIDE Multiple Personality Disorder; http://www.psychexchange.co.uk/videos/view/21136/ ). It is a theatrical portrayal of DID, but a great one to use to open a discussion about this disorder. After viewing the clip, my students and I discussed the accuracy of the portrayal of DID. Then we discussed the controversy surrounding the diagnosis and existence of this disorder.


I recommend taking a look at Psych Exchange and see what if might have to offer you and your students.


Kristin H. Whitlock


No comments: