- Gerd Gigerenzer - "The Internet is a kind of collective memory, to which our minds will adapt until a new technology eventually replaces it. Then we will begin outsourcing other cognitive abilities, and hopefully, learn new ones.")
- Stephen Kosslyn - "I am a better thinker now than I was before I integrated the Internet into my mental and emotional processing."
- David Myers - "In the echo chambers of virtual worlds, as in real worlds, separation + conversation = polarization."
- Sherry Turkle - "To me, opening up a conversation about rethinking the Net, privacy, and civil society is not backward-looking nostalgia or Luddite in the least. It seems like part of a healthy process of democracy defining its sacred spaces."
- Simon Baron-Cohen - "This year's Edge question at least gives me pause to think whether I really want to be spending 1000 hours a year on email, at the expense of more valuable activities."
AP Government Review Resources
1 day ago