I wanted to remind you all of the deadline that's fast approaching for TOPSS members to apply for up to $500 of professional development money that's available from APF to attend a wide variety of conferences in the next year. When's the deadline? FEBRUARY 1 - that's just around the corner!
Here are the details you need:
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applicants must currently teach at least one high school psychology course and expect to teach psychology in the following academic year. Applicants must be high school teacher affiliates of the American Psychological Association (high school teacher affiliates are automatically members of the APA Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (TOPSS).
If you are not a TOPSS member, join today at this link.
WHERE CAN I GO?
Conferences for which funding can be applied should take place between March 2013 and February 2014. Applicants must use funding to attend one of the following conferences:
- APA Annual Convention, Honolulu, July 31-Aug. 4, 2013
- Eastern Psychological Association (EPA), New York, March 1-4, 2013
- Southeastern Psychological Association (SEPA), Atlanta, March 13-16, 2013
- Southwestern Psychological Association (SWPA), Fort Worth, Texas, April 5-7, 2013
- Rocky Mountain Psychological Association (RMPA), Denver, April 11-13, 2013
- Western Psychological Association (WPA), Reno, Nev., April 25-28, 2013
- Midwestern Psychological Association (MPA), Chicago, May 2-4, 2013
- New England Psychological Association (NEPA), Bridgeport, Conn., October 2013
- Best Practices Conference, Atlanta, October 2013
- National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology, St. Pete Beach, Fla., January 2014
- Other conferences sponsored by APA or an APA division or state, provincial or territorial psychological association will be considered for funding.
Funds can be used to offset costs of travel, conference registration and housing accommodations. Applicants must provide a budget for conference costs.
READY TO APPLY?
If you are, go here: http://www.apa.org/apf/funding/professional-topss.aspx
--posted by Steve