Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is Psychology a Science?

In one of my internet searches I came across this article as required reading for a college course and was intrigued by the title. I will be very honest and say, as the school year is just starting, I have only had the time to scan the article and was hoping someone on the blog might be more familiar with it and could add a comment or two. I could see the author's premise might prove to be an interesting starting point for a class discussion.

Go to http://vps.arachnoid.com/psychology/ for the full article.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting article. I read most of it, and the author is mostly disputing the nature of "clinical psychology" as a science. The author has a very clear point of view about what science is and isn't and brings up some great (mostly historical) examples of when clinical psychology fell short. I'd be interested to know if the author would consider behaviorism, psychophysics, etc. a science?