Monday, April 26, 2010

A Request for Help

I received the following email from a student in Florida. While I know of a number of opportunities for undergraduates, I am not aware of anything for high school students. Please leave any possible ideas in the comments section below.

Hi Mr. Korek,

I'm a high school student in Florida and I am profoundly interested in the field of psychology. I've been reading your blog for a while, as I find many of your posts very interesting, even though some are geared toward teachers.

Anyhow, I anticipate going to college to be able to pursue my interest in psychology, and I'd like to do something psychology-related while still in high school to help me stand out from the thousands of other college applicants that will be applying at the same time as me. (I'm only a sophomore, so I've got time... but it's never too early to start planning).

So I was wondering if you could come up with a blog post or article detailing some opportunities that could give high school students hands-on experience in the psychology industry or a sub-field, such as summer internships, summer camps, or anything really. I think a post offering such insight would not only benefit me, but hundreds of other students across the nation who are interested in the amazing science of psychology.

Thanks for any insight.
Regards,

Eager psychology student.

1 comment:

Steve Jones said...

I had too much for the comment section so I made a new post here: Summer Programs in Psychology for Students