Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Frontline: Digital Nation



This isn't psych specific, but it sure is psych applicable: Did anyone else watch the Frontline Episode called "Digital Nation" last night? I thought it was a thorough and fascinating discussion of the questions posed by the roles of technology in schools, in raising kids, etc. There was some treatment of the impact of videogames on behavior (specifically the US Army's use of videogames in training and recruitment) that could fit well into the social psych chapter. I'd love to hear what you think about the issues if you get a chance to see it.

1 comment:

Chuck Schallhorn said...

I recorded it in the hopes of watching it over the weekend. I was going to do a post on it after one of my Spanish teacher friends was telling me about it. Great call and thanks for posting. The entire program is viewable online at Rob's link. There is also a link to Frontline's show, "Growing Up Online."